Hi, I’m Celina…
If you’re anything like me you want it all. You’re the professional working woman turned rockstar stay at home mom. You still have a fire in your belly to do something more with your life and don’t want to choose between money, raising your kids and your own personal fulfilment.
Taking care of your little one’s full time is a privilege and one of the most important jobs you’ll ever do.
Research shows more women are becoming stay at home and work at home moms; especially with the increase in available work at home jobs.
With the ability to work from home and start your own business online you can create financial independence, a community of friends and motherhood that works for you.
A little bit about me…
- I married my neighbor;). We have an amazing little boy and are hoping for more.
- I love anything that makes me feel good. Running, yoga, pilates, personal development and a green smoothie, sign me up!
- I’ve always been entrepreneurial. Even as a kid. I enjoy seeing businesses thrive and hearing about new business ideas.
- I’ve been told I’m a loyal friend and the one to call for advice. I’m honest to a fault but only because I think you should know.
I understand what it’s like as a stay at home mom to let go of the life and identity you once knew. 5 years ago, that was me.
Before starting Mommy Lives Well I…
- Completed my Bachelors Degree in Psychology followed by my MBA.
- Worked for years in the corporate world but never really felt fulfilled.
- Started my first profitable online business three months after my son was born.
My inspiration for Mommy Lives Well started when…
I realized I wasn’t the only professional woman turned stay at home mom who wanted more. There are so many of us who want to work from home or start our own business.
My need for control over my future and the desire for financial independence was furthered when we bought a 100-year-old house, had a hefty mortgage payment and a lot of expenses.
The financial stress was endless. I was frustrated, stressed out and emotionally depleted.
I knew my relationship with money would have to change.
So here’s what I did:
- I started to look deeper into my money mindset and how to better manage our money. I put my MBA to work for me this time. My business became all things personal finance and developing my mindset.
- I subscribed to finance blogs, personal development blogs, listened to podcasts, took courses and read a lot of books.
- I bought the textbooks used to teach certified financial planners and eventually enrolled in the Certified Financial Planning (CFP) program at NYU. I was determined.
- I made a list of my personal and financial goals.
- I learned everything I could about personal finance and started to dig our way out. We paid off our debt, started investing and put a financial plan in place. We’re still working on that hefty mortgage!
When I started all of this I had no idea what I was doing. I didn’t even know if it would work. All I knew was I needed to try and to take action. Because of that, I transformed my life.
I know what it’s like to work at something every day, feel discouraged and like you have nothing left of yourself to give. I also know what it’s like to put my head down, focus on what I really want to create with my life and see it happen.
My mission is to help you become the person you most want to be
We all want to feel empowered about our future. Money may not be your number one priority but it does make all of your other priorities possible.
Develop a healthy mindset and have a plan for your money so you can design an abundant life you love. It all starts and ends with you. I believe in you!
You might want to read: